Skip to main content

Featured

Binge, Stream or Skip? Drama Review // Ghost Doctor 《고스트 닥터》

   You can watch the trailer above or start watching  episode one here on Netflix . Warning! Spoilers ahead. I don't even remember the exact reason why I clicked on this show but I am sure glad that I did. The last time I watched Rain star in a drama would be Full House (that's like close to 20 years ago, gosh!) whereas I am more up-to-date with Kim Beom's dramas, the last being Law School. Not gonna lie but after watching the trailer, I actually held a bit of expectations for this series and I have to say, they delivered! Let's skip all the fluff and I'll go straight down to dissect why I think this series is bingeable in the sections below. Synopsis (taken from AsianWiki): Cha Young-Min (Rain) is a genius doctor, but he is arrogant and selfish. One day, he gets involved in an unexpected case. Due to the unexpected case, his spirit possesses another doctor's body. These two doctors are complete opposites, with opposite personalities and medical abilities. The

Binge, Stream or Skip? Drama Review // Familiar Wife 《아는 와이프》

 

You can watch the trailer above or start watching episode one here on Netflix.

Warning! Spoilers ahead.

Found myself watching another drama starring Ji Sung since I cannot get enough of him, especially not after Doctor John. What has he done to my sister and I, causing us to embark on a Ji Sung marathon, I wonder? It started with Kang Yo Han in Devil Judge but Cha Yo Han in Doctor John just pushed us into the rabbit hole. Then again, the love for Ji Sung actually stemmed from Cha Do Hyun in Kill Me Heal Me. He was just parked in my subconsciousness since I was too busy with work and barely had time to watch dramas. So the silver lining during a pandemic, is that I get time to catch up on all the dramas that Ji Sung has starred in. I have to say, that I felt cheated from the preview that I saw on Netflix regarding this drama. It gave me the impression that this drama was one of those silly comedies but personally, I felt that the theme in this drama is quite 'adult-ish'. Hence, it may not appeal to some. So the verdict for this is, streamable. Despite the more than surface level deep topics, there are several comical scenes that kind of lighten the entire drama.


Synopsis: (taken from Netflix)

After receiving a bizarre chance to go back in time, a man wakes up to find that his whole life — including the person he married — is different.


What I like about this drama:

That little bit of magic that allowed the main characters to go back in time. You get a super realistic theme but downplayed with a tinge of fantasy.

Ji Sung.

Ji Sung.

Ji Sung.

You get 16 episodes of Perry Park (one of Ji Sung's character from Kill Me Heal Me).


Who I like in this drama:

Obviously. The male lead (ML), Cha Joo Hyuk, played by Ji Sung. If you have only seen Ji Sung portraying cool, rich, smart character(s), in this drama you get everything opposite.

Most other characters, like ML's two best friends, ML's younger sister, ML's co-workers (but probably not the version of them in the first original timeline), even the female lead (FL) in all timelines except for the first original timeline.


What I don't like about this drama:

Can't think of anything. Really. Wasn't expecting this drama to make much sense in the first place, given it is already unrealistic from the start, being able to go back in time to change the future. And not just once. Then again, it is not that the story sucked or anything, there isn't exactly a storyline, I would say. Given that the drama mostly revolves around a theme, rather than a story.


Who I don't like (or possibly even dislike) in this drama:

Lee Hye Won. She's a tad annoying but then again, it is not hard to see how she turned out this way.

The gold digging valet guy who pretended to be a college student. But hey, at least in the final timeline, he isn't much of a gold digger anymore!


Other notes:

-


Comments

Popular Posts