Skip to main content

Featured

Binge, Stream or Skip? Drama Review // Ghost Doctor 《고스트 닥터》

   You can watch the trailer above or start watching  episode one here on Netflix . Warning! Spoilers ahead. I don't even remember the exact reason why I clicked on this show but I am sure glad that I did. The last time I watched Rain star in a drama would be Full House (that's like close to 20 years ago, gosh!) whereas I am more up-to-date with Kim Beom's dramas, the last being Law School. Not gonna lie but after watching the trailer, I actually held a bit of expectations for this series and I have to say, they delivered! Let's skip all the fluff and I'll go straight down to dissect why I think this series is bingeable in the sections below. Synopsis (taken from AsianWiki): Cha Young-Min (Rain) is a genius doctor, but he is arrogant and selfish. One day, he gets involved in an unexpected case. Due to the unexpected case, his spirit possesses another doctor's body. These two doctors are complete opposites, with opposite personalities and medical abilities. The

Binge, Stream or Skip? Drama Review // The School Nurse Files 《보건교사 안은영》

 

You can watch the trailer above or start watching episode one here on Netflix.

Warning! Spoilers ahead.

This drama first caught my eye with its quirky banner lurking in the midst of the browsing page on Netflix. Then it caught my interest with its somewhat fantasy sci-fi genre. The deciding factor to embark on watching this though, is because Nam Joo Hyuk starred in it. While I wait for Twenty Five Twenty One (starring Nam Joo Hyuk!) to finish airing, I thought I would watch this first since there's only six episodes. How torturous can six episodes be even if it turns out bad...right? I was wrong. Sadly, I have to say that this show is skippable. But because I have already gotten started on it, like I've finished two episodes and decided that this was boring, I thought I would speed through the remaining four episodes to see if it is redeemable. As always. So that I can give you guys a full account on this drama. But even till the end, the only redeeming factor in this show is Nam Joo Hyuk's appearance.


Synopsis (taken from Netflix):

Ahn Eun Young (played by Jung Yu Mi) enters the forbidden basement as Hong In Pyo (played by Nam Joo Hyuk) reluctantly trails along. They join hands when a dark secret shakes up the school.


What I like about this drama:

Nam Joo Hyuk's acting. It was a fresh take on his acting skills, I have to say. Usually I see him playing a high school or college kid character, or the role of a good looking carefree man. In this show, he is an introverted, nerdy Chinese teacher who appears cold and boring to people who he is not close with, especially the other teachers in the school.

And the random ducks that waddle across the screen every now and then.

That's it. Really.


Who I like in this drama:

Nam Joo Hyuk.

Nam Joo Hyuk.

Nam Joo Hyuk.

The ducks.


What I don't like about this drama:

I really want to say that I can't think of anything because I really can't think of anything not because it is so good that there is nothing to hate on or dislike about. Then again, perhaps because it was so boring that nothing much remained in my head after I finished watching the series? Also perhaps, the whole storyline was so flat that it doesn't trigger much or maybe even no emotions while watching?


Who I don't like (or possibly even dislike) in this drama:

There's nobody to dislike when you hardly feel anything during the show. Like usually you hate on the antagonists because they probably irritated the hell out of you by sabotaging the protagonists. But this show...hmm.


Other notes:

For the lack of texts in this review, I shall present a series of photos to make up for it.

The saving grace of the show.



So cute. And probably that bear mascot behind too.



See what I mean with the waddling.

Comments

Popular Posts